Total Pageviews

I began writing this blog as a way to record my progress renovating an old Dolls House Emporium Classical dolls house which I built from a kit in the 1980's. It has now evolved into a blog about my ever increasing collection of dolls houses and the items I buy and make to put in them.

Hope you enjoy it.
xxx

Monday, 21 October 2013

Lemax Christmas Village, Village Skating Pond


I've just bought this item, it's so cute and even has sounds.  Also going to get a couple of the houses to make a small display for Christmas.


Saturday, 12 October 2013

Edwardian Street in Miniature

Moved Lottie's Tea Room downstairs into the hobby room today. Here is a photo of what will be the 3 properties in the Edwardian Street. Montgomery Hall on the left will become the posh house and Magpies in the middle will be the department store.

That's all my houses apart from my Classical in the hobby room now. It will be staying upstairs in the bedroom so I can see it every morning and evening. 

Here are some photo's of Lottie's Tea Room all set up.


 

Friday, 11 October 2013

I've Been Busy.

I've been really busy moving things around in my hobby room once again. Nabbed my sons desk from his bedroom (did buy him a new one first) as it was the perfect size for Waterside Way. Had to move the pine sideboard down a bit but it fitted perfectly and I still have a little space for my recycling boxes. This is now the modern dolls house side of the room.

I have now moved my other Julie Bennett house (which is 'Cones and Candy') downstairs and put it next to Pebble Walk (the shabby chic house).  The small shop next to them is a Dolls House Emporium Jenny Wrens which was a quickstyle kit and is to become an antique shop.  I am going to make similar paths in front of them so it looks like a little street.

Today I finished putting lights into Jenny Wrens.  I decided to just have one central light on each floor as it is quite a small building.  As this was a quickstyle kit it already had holes and grooves for lights but the ground floor had two holes and grooves both off centre.  I drilled another small central hole and cut out a groove using a Sanley knife against a metal rule.  I then drilled another hole at the back.  This will all be hidden with the flooring and skirting.

  Once the light was checked to be working and fitted I pasted on the flooring and roofing paper. I'm really not sure about this flooring paper as it is very wrinkly but will wait and see what it looks like once the paste is fully dry.
Finished Roof


Might try dirtying the outside up a little as it looks a bit new for an antique shop.  Have never done that before though so it is a bit of a scary thought.