Total Pageviews

I began writing this blog as a way to record my progress renovating an old Dolls House Emporium Classical dolls house which I built from a kit in the 1980's. It has now evolved into a blog about my ever increasing collection of dolls houses and the items I buy and make to put in them.

Hope you enjoy it.
xxx

Saturday, 23 August 2014

All my 1/12th Scale Houses Now in Shed

That's all my 1/12th scale dolls houses now moved into the new shed.



The lit ones look lovely in the dark.


Saturday, 2 August 2014

Window Acetates and Lit Fires in The Priory

Have glued acetates into the windows of The Priory to give it a more realistic look and also to keep the dust out.

Also added a couple of lit fires, one in the dining room and one in the sitting room.  They took ages to do though as the wires were very short and I had to contort myself into a position to reach the back of the house to fit the plugs on, then I couldn't get the pins back into the plugs.  I was getting really annoyed, at least if the wires had been longer I wouldn't have had to try fitting the plugs on in such an awkward position.  They do look good working though so was worth the effort.
Dining Room Fire
Dining Room
Sitting Room Fire
Sitting room


Friday, 1 August 2014

Vintage GeeBee Dolls House

Since I now have more space I bought another vintage dolls house off Ebay.  This time it is a GeeBee Tudor Lodge made in England in the 1960's.  When it arrived it was in a worse state than it had looked online.  The outside papers had water marks, the joints were all loose and it looked like someone had been throwing darts at it.  At least it had all the original windows, shutters, canopies & door though as these are the most expensive parts to buy.

Close up of dart holes in the roof.

Interior is in good condition with no old wallpaper to strip off.
I realised quite quickly that I couldn't live with it how it was so decided to try and sympathetically renovate it.  I took off the front doors, removed all the windows etc, stripped off the outside papers and fixed the joints.  

I then repainted the front with Barbaras Mouldings textured dolls house paint, added new brick effect papers then painted on my own climbing plant design.
 
Close up of the textured paint.
I also tried painting out the dart holes but they are still quite obvious so I might have to resort to covering the roof with paper.